Moor Park is named after Moor Park House, itself named after the adjacent Tudor palace known as the More, or Manor of the More. This was where Catherine of Aragon lived after the annulment of her marriage to Henry VIII of England. It was previously owned by Cardinal Wolsey. Moor Park (the house) is about 1 mile south west. The original house was built in 1678–9 for James Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth, and inherited by his wife, Anne Scott, 1st Duchess of Buccleuch after he was beheaded. Before her death in 1732, Benjamin Hoskins Styles, who had made a fortune in the South Sea Company before the notorious bubble burst, purchased it, and the current appearance of the mansion traces to him. In 1752 the house was bought by Admiral Lord Anson who commissioned Capability Brown to remake the formal gardens in sweeping "landscape style" with a small lake.
On 1 September 1887 Metropolitan Railway's extension opened from the previous terminus at Pinner, en route to Rickmansworth, passing through here. On 9 May 1910 the station opened as "Sandy Lodge", on 18 October 1923 it was renamed "Moor Park and Sandy Lodge". The station has four platforms, two for northbound trains (one for the slow/semi-fast trains and one for the fast trains) and two for southbound trains to Baker Street (one for the slow/semi-fast trains and one for fast). Since 2011, fast and semi-fast services have only run during peak times with services to Aldgate from platform 2 during the morning peak, and services to Amersham and Chesham on platform 1 during the evening peak. Every other time during the day, and all day at weekends, train services depart from platforms 3 and 4 providing all stations services to Baker Street or Aldgate to the south and Watford, Amersham or Chesham in the northbound direction.The station has toilets, a car park, payphones and a waiting room.
Connections: There are no London bus route connections for the station.