The Metropolitan Railway (Harrow and Uxbridge Railway) constructed the line between Harrow-on-the-Hill and Uxbridge and commenced services on 4 July 1904 with, initially, Ruislip being the only intermediate stop. At first, services were operated by steam trains, but track electrification was completed in the subsequent months and electric trains began operating on 1 January 1905. Progressive development in the north Middlesex area over the next two decades lead to the gradual opening of additional stations along the Uxbridge branch to encourage the growth of new residential areas. Eastcote opened on 26 May 1906 as Eastcote Halt. On 1 March 1910, an extension of the District line from South Harrow to connect with the Metropolitan Railway at Rayners Lane was opened enabling District line trains to serve stations between Rayners Lane and Uxbridge from that date. On 23 October 1933 District line services were replaced by Piccadilly line trains. The station was rebuilt between 1937 and 1939 to a design by Charles Holden which features the large cube-shaped brick and glass ticket hall capped with a flat reinforced concrete roof and geometrical forms typical of the new stations built in this period.
The station is on the Uxbridge branch of both the Metropolitan line and Piccadilly line, between Rayners Lane and Ruislip Manor stations. The station is located on Field End Road. It is in Travelcard Zone 5. The station is surrounded by the suburb of Eastcote; the original centre, now known as Old Eastcote is some distance away. The Cavendish Pavilion nearby was a popular destination for outings in the first part of the twentieth century. The station has a waiting room, payphones, toilets and a car park.
Connections: Metropolitan Line. London Buses routes 282 and 398 serve the station.