South Ealing station was opened by the District Railway (DR, now the District line), on 1 May 1883 on a line to Hounslow Town (located on Hounslow High Street but now closed). Electrification of the DR's tracks took place between 1903 and 1905 with electric trains replacing steam trains on the Hounslow branch from 13 June 1905. Piccadilly line services, which had been running non-stop through the station since January 1933, began serving South Ealing from 29 April 1935. From this date, the branch was operated jointly by both lines until District line services were withdrawn on 10 October 1964.
The station is on the Heathrow branch of the Piccadilly line, between Acton Town and Northfields stations. It is located on South Ealing Road (B455) and is in Travelcard Zone 3. In 2006, the station was refurbished at platform level, providing new signage, passenger shelters, security equipment and public address system. The station has a waiting room and payphones.
Connections: London Buses route 65 serves the station.