Moreton station opened for regular service on 2 July 1866, on the Hoylake Railway, between Hoylake and Birkenhead Docks. By 1898, the station had a small signal box towards the eastern end of the westbound platform, and a siding to the south of the station. West of the station, sidings for Moreton brickworks were added around 1903. The signal box was replaced in 1932, and moved to the north side of the tracks beyond the eastern end of the platform. The platform buildings were replaced in 1938, rebuilt in an identical style to Hoylake. Through electric services to Liverpool Central commenced on 13 March 1938, when the LMS electrified the lines from Birkenhead Park to West Kirby. The service was provided by the then-new LMS electric multiple units. However, on Sunday mornings, the service was provided by the older Mersey Railway electric units which, up until that point, had only ever run from Liverpool to Birkenhead Park. Cadbury had a private siding adjacent to the station after 1956, although their freight trains had ended by 1971. The 30-lever signal box closed on 17 September 1994, and was demolished on 13 November 1994.
Moreton station has step free access available to the West Kirby platform from the car park. Access to the Liverpool platform is via a public road. Access between platforms is by stepped footbridge or public road (over 200m). The station has a booking office and a 34-space car park, a cycle rack for 4 cycles and secure storage for 20 cycles. The station is staffed, 15 minutes before the first train and 15 minutes after the last train, has departure and arrival screens for passenger information, and platform CCTV. Each platform has open-air seating, a waiting room and a payphone. There is an induction loop. Bus Connection Timetable.
Local Taxis 0151 201 0001, 0151 201 1111
Connections: 901 (Curlew Way), 106 (Liscard), 811 (Leasowe).