Leasowe station was originally opened on the Hoylake Railway in 1870, as Leasowe Crossing and having no proper platform, closing less than two years later. Situated on Reeds Lane, the station was then opened again on 5 May 1894, when the line from Bidston to Moreton was doubled. It was built by the Wirral Railway on their line from Birkenhead Park to West Kirby. Through electric services to Liverpool Central commenced on 13 March 1938, when the LMS electrified the lines from Birkenhead Park to West Kirby. The service was provided by the then-new LMS electric multiple units. However, on Sunday mornings, the service was provided by the older Mersey Railway electric units which, up until that point, had only ever run from Liverpool to Birkenhead Park. The platform buildings were replaced in 1938, rebuilt in a similar style to those along the line towards West Kirby, and a footbridge was added. The signal box, used to operate the level crossing and replacing a cabin on the westbound platform, was moved to the opposite side of Reeds Lane and was also improved upon at the time. The station did not have a goods yard being just two lines straight through. Nonetheless, freight did pass through the station from the Cadbury factory in Moreton. The 8-lever signal box was in use until 24 July 1994, and demolished afterwards.
Access to the car park, ticket office and platforms is all step free. Ramps can be used to access platforms. The station is staffed, during all opening hours, and has platform CCTV. Each of the two platforms has a waiting room. There is a payphone, booking office and live departure and arrival screens, for passenger information. The station has a free "Park and Ride" car park, with 204 spaces, lighting columns and CCTV to meet Merseytravel's Travelsafe requirements, as well as a cycle rack. There is step-free access, to the booking office and platforms, for wheelchairs and prams. There is an induction loop. Bus Connection Timetable.
Local Taxis 0151 201 0001, 0151 630 2020
Connections: 901 (Curlew Way), 129 (Frankby), 208 (Town Meadow), 403 (Arrowe Pk. Hosp.), 413,141 (Woodside), 107,207 (New Brighton), 129(Liscard Village), 403,413 (Seacombe Ferry).