The station was built on the Wirral Railway's route from Birkenhead Park to New Brighton, opening as a temporary terminus from 2 January to 30 March 1888. Through services via the Mersey Railway Tunnel to Liverpool commenced in 1938, when the London Midland and Scottish Railway electrified the line.
Wallasey Grove Road station has full disabled access. Car park and ticket office are step free. New Brighton platform accessed via road and ramp approx 250m walk. Liverpool bound platform has disabled access. There is an induction loop, help points and lost property. The station is staffed during all opening hours, and has platform CCTV. There is a payphone, a vending machine and a waiting room on platform 1, a booking office, live departure and arrival screens, for passenger information, and each of the two platforms also has a further sheltered waiting area. The station has a free "Park and Ride" car park with 168 spaces, a drop-off point, and a cycle rack with six spaces. Both platforms can be easily accessed by separate entrances, which are a 250 metres (270 yd) walk apart, without the use of staircases. However, there is no easier access, cross-platform, for passengers with wheelchairs or prams, as other access is by staircase only. Bus Connection Timetable.
Local Taxis 0151 201 0001
Connections: 106 (New Brighton to Liscard), 124 (Harrison Drive), 125 (Seacombe Ferry), 225 (Wallasey School Circular).