Blundellsands & Crosby railway station is a railway station in the Blundellsands area of Merseyside, England. It also serves the adjacent town of Crosby. It is situated on the Northern Line of the Merseyrail network. Blundellsands & Crosby opened in 1848 as an intermediate station on the Liverpool, Crosby and Southport Railway. It became part of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway (LYR), on 14 June 1855 when they took over from the LCSR. The Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway amalgamated with the London and North Western Railway on 1 January 1922 and in turn was Grouped into the London, Midland and Scottish Railway in 1923. Nationalisation followed in 1948 and in 1978 the station became part of the Merseyrail network's Northern Line (operated by British Rail until privatisation in 1995).
Trains operate every 15 minutes throughout the day from Monday to Saturday and on summer Sundays to Southport to the north, and to Hunts Cross via Liverpool Central to the south. Winter Sunday services are every 30 minutes in each direction.
Blundellsands & Crosby railway station is fully accessible. The ticket office and Liverpool platform are step free. There is an underpass used to access the Southport platform and car park. There is an induction loop, help point, and lost property. The station underwent a revamp at a cost of £250,000 in 2009, including the installation of electronic timetables, in July that year. The refurbishment included a new toilet with disabled access, changes to the waiting rooms such as automatic doors, CCTV, new flooring, seats, new windows and heating. In 2010 a new 101-space car park was constructed on the site of the previous one, including include new surfacing, marked bays, lighting and landscaping. There is also cycle racks for 30 cycles and secure cycle storage for 74 cycles. Bus Connection Timetable.
Local Taxis 0151 924 7373, 0151 928 3535
Connections: 206 (to Hightown Station), 53 (City Centre to Crosby)