Designed by a Mr Clemence under the supervision of John Wolfe-Barry the station was opened on 1 March 1880 when the District Railway (DR, now the District line) extended its line south from West Brompton to Putney Bridge. Parsons Green was a proposed stop on the Chelsea-Hackney Line. Known now as Crossrail 2. It would have either supplemented or replaced the existing District line service on much of the Wimbledon Branch. North of the station, the line would have branched off into a new tunneled section that could carry it into Victoria station, via a new station on the Kings Road, Chelsea station. Crossrail 2 will be built to National Rail standards and will go to Wimbledon via Clapham Junction instead.
The station is located on Parsons Green a short distance north of the green itself. The station is about half way between Fulham Road (A304) and New Kings Road (A308). It is in zone 2. Parsons Green (note the absence of an apostrophe) has payphones, wi-fi and both cash machines and Euro cash machines. There are no buses from here but there is a santander Cycles point.
Connections: No buses serve the station.