Crossharbour is in Cubitt Town. It is named after William Cubitt, Lord Mayor of London (1860–1862), who was responsible for the development of the housing and amenities of the area in the 1840s and 1850s, mainly to house the growing population of workers in the local docks, shipbuilding yards and factories. As it grew, Cubitt also created many local businesses employing manual labourers as well as the streets of housing to accommodate them. The businesses included those involved in cement, pottery and brick production. Asphalt production was another growth industry, coinciding with the growth, development, and industrialisation of areas throughout the British Isles. In Cubitt Town, the Pyrimont Wharf was developed in 1861 by the Asphalte de Seyssel Company of Thames Embankment (later known as the Seyssel Asphalte Company or Seyssel Pyrimont Asphalte Company), with asphalt production taken over in the 1870s by Claridge's Patent Asphalte Company.
The Docklands Light Railway station opened as "Crossharbour" on 31 August 1987, and was renamed in 1994 to "Crossharbour and London Arena". Now that the neighbouring London Arena has been demolished the original name has been reinstated. There are two platforms at the station with a reversing siding between the two running tracks just to the south of the station, and some trains (mainly from Stratford DLR station) used to terminate here as Lewisham DLR station was unable to handle too many trains. Nowadays however, it is rare to see trains terminate at Crossharbour, as many trains from Stratford now terminate at Canary Wharf DLR station. The St John's Estate is social housing estate adjacent to the DLR station.
Connections: London Buses routes 135, D3, D6, and D8 serve the station.