Little Chalfont is a 20th-century creation triggered by the coming of the Metropolitan Railway. A station called Chalfont Road was opened in 1889 at the northernmost point of Chalfont St Giles Parish where the parishes of Amersham, Chenies, and Chalfont St Giles met. At that time, the area was remote from the centres of the villages and towns, and consisted of isolated farms and cottages, and did not have a specific name. The coming of the railway eventually brought local housing development, and a community developed around the station, which was renamed to Chalfont & Latimer station in 1915, a name which it retains today. The first appearance of the name Little Chalfont is in the minutes of the Chalfont St Giles Parish Council on 15th of January 1925, when, at the request of the inhabitants, it was agreed that the group of houses near the station should be named Little Chalfont instead of "Chalfont Road Village".
Chalfont & Latimer station was formerly served by steam hauled Metropolitan line trains from Aylesbury to London, with a changeover to an electric locomotive at Rickmansworth. The electrification north of Rickmansworth (to Amersham as well as the Chesham branch) was completed in 1960, with steam trains being finally withdrawn in 1961. The station serves all three of the Chalfonts; Chalfont St Giles, Chalfont St Peter and Little Chalfont — as well as the village of Latimer. The station is a good place to alight for walks in the Chilterns and the Chess Valley. The station has toilets, a car park, payphones and a waiting room.
Connections: National Rail (Chiltern Railways). The station is served by the 06 (White Bus) and 353 (Redline) bus routes.