The Metropolitan Railway began running services through here on 25 May 1885 with the opening of its Pinner extension. North Harrow station opened on 22 March 1915. The station was rebuilt in 1930 to the designs of Charles Clark as part of the Metropolitan Railway's modernisation programme. About 800m north of the tube line is a 14th-century moated manor house, Headstone Manor, which serves to support the area's excellence in sport with public grounds on all sides as well as Harrow Museum and Heritage Centre, which is based in Headstone Manor Recreation Ground. The Heritage Centre chronicles Harrow’s historical past and runs many special events and exhibitions throughout the year.
North Harrow is also the home of North West London (NWL) Talks which are held at The North Harrow Assembly Hall. The talks take place weekly on Friday evenings however, the timing of the talks varies throughout the year. In winter the start time is at 20:30 whereas in summer it is at a slightly earlier 20:00. Naturally, due to the wide range of speakers the academic talks cover a broad spectrum of disciplines - though they do tend to be more focused on current and historic political affairs. In the spirit of community, all are welcome and admission is free. It has two main exits but in recent years only one is in use, towards the town centre, presumably due to setup of the barriers not requiring both. There is a direct door into a neighbouring florist. The area under the railway bridge outside the exit to the station is prone to flooding at times due to its low-lying position. Fast Metropolitan line and Chiltern Railways services pass by using two of the four tracks. It has won Transport for London awards for best customer service in 2009 and 2010. The station has a toilets, help points, payphones and a waiting room.
Connections: London Buses routes H9 and H10 serve the station.