North Ealing station was opened on 23 June 1903 by the District Railway (DR, now the District line) on its new extension from north of Ealing Common to Park Royal & Twyford Abbey (closed and replaced by Park Royal in 1931), where the Royal Agricultural Society's Park Royal show grounds had been recently opened. The line was opened fully to South Harrow on 28 June 1903. On 4 July 1932 the Piccadilly line was extended to run west of its original terminus at Hammersmith sharing the route with the District line to Ealing Common. From Ealing Common to South Harrow, the District line was replaced by the Piccadilly line and, from this date, District line trains west from Ealing Common ran to Ealing Broadway only.
North Ealing was the only station on the South Harrow branch not rebuilt in the 1930s to the "Holden" style for the start of the Piccadilly Line service. It retains its slightly rural air as a result. An 1930s railway sub-station is built alongside the Eastbound platform and is typical of the LPTB brick and concrete architectural style of the period. Despite its name, the station is geographically located to the east of Ealing Broadway; the areas of Gurnell, Pitshanger, Montpelier and Hanger Hill/Hanger Lane are more geographically suited to the term "North Ealing". There is even a primary school named North Ealing within Pitshanger. The station has a bridge, toilets, a car park, payphones and a pleasant waiting room.
Connections: London Buses routes 83 and 112 serve the station.